STEAMBOAT SPRINGS COMMUNITY PRESERVATION ALLIANCE
Our mission is to connect and collaborate with the entire community of Steamboat Springs to create effective solutions for a sustainable future, preserving community character for housing and short-term rentals.
BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up to join local residents, professional vacation rental managers, staff, hosts, contractors, local businesses, real estate professionals, and second homeowners who care about the wellbeing of Steamboat Springs now and long into the future.
HELP PROTECT SUSTAINABLE TOURISM AND JOBS IN STEAMBOAT SPRINGS
DONATE TO THE SSCPA LEGAL FUND TODAY
The SSCPA is hard at work fighting to protect your vacation homes and Steamboat jobs, but we can’t do it alone. We are now accepting donations to our advocacy and legal efforts, and we ask everyone who relies on Steamboat tourism to contribute. Every dollar you donate goes right into campaigns and other activities to defend our community.
The Steamboat Springs Community Preservation Alliance is a group of local residents, professional vacation rental managers, staff, hosts, contractors, local businesses, real estate professionals, and second homeowners who care about the wellbeing of Steamboat Springs now and long into the future.
We support fair, balanced, and effective regulations for STRs and programs that enable our entire community to flourish. We believe in:
- Collaboration and continuous dialogue with all neighbors
- The thoughtful identification and preservation of neighborhood character
- Forward-thinking and well-informed decision making based on data
- For a sustainable future, we must all work together to find win-win solutions
- Support for community housing initiatives
- Register and license ALL STRs
- Establish life safety standards and require a 24-hour local contact
- Establish a 24-hour hotline to monitor complaints and begin enforcement
- Gather and analyze data on all STR uses including location, complaints, sales tax revenue for a minimum of 12 months
- Review the need for additional action
WE DO NOT SUPPORT:
- An overlay zone without detailed data of local density, property values, complaints, citizen preference, and existing HOAs that eliminates STRs without due process
- An overlay zone that damages property rights without cause
- Decision-making that is not supported by data and research
- Punitive tax measures aimed solely at STRs that will cause economic harm to the entire business community
THE STEAMBOAT SPRINGS COMMUNITY PRESERVATION ALLIANCE’S WORKBOOK TO FOSTERING GREAT NEIGHBOR RELATIONS